Report | Intelligent Investment
Maharashtra IT Policy 2023: Repositioning the state as a Tech Hub
November 2, 2023 10 Minute Read
Maharashtra has been at the forefront of fostering a thriving IT ecosystem in India since 1998, and the governments have consistently adapted to the fast-evolving nature of the sector while emphasizing regional development.
Building on this progress, the recently announced Maharashtra IT Policy 2023 introduces several key initiatives to further cement the state's position as a preferred IT destination. These include:
- Establishing an integrated single window platform - Maharashtra Information Technology Interface (MAHITI Portal)
- Expanding the scope of information technology-enabled services (ITeS)
- Leveraging emerging technologies to position Maharashtra as a global tech leader
- Incentivizing skill enhancement
- Introducing enhanced FSI and development norms for IT parks and townships
- Positioning Mumbai and Navi Mumbai as leaders in India's data centre industry
- Introducing Maharashtra Hub (M-Hub) to promote innovation and foster talent development
This report analyses the impact that a strong policy ecosystem has had on Maharashtra’s commercial real estate landscape and explores the potential synergies that this new policy can create in conjunction with the state’s strengthening infrastructure fabric.
Please click download to access the full report.