India Market Outlook 2022
March 24, 2022
Despite the continued cyclical upswings and downswings of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian real estate sector has remained largely resilient. In our report ‘Market Outlook 2022: Reigniting India’s Growth Engine’, we delve on the sector’s onward trajectory for 2022 and how factors such as technology and ESG are transforming its dynamics.
Below is a snapshot of our projections for 2022:
- Economy: India to remain the flag-bearer of growth for the world economy, albeit with a few downside risks such as growing inflationary pressures
- Office: Positive demand side momentum expected; anticipated pickup in long-term decision-making by occupiers
- I&L: Leasing activity to remain strong; next-gen logistics facilities to dominate supply pipeline
- Retail: Pent-up demand to spur activity across consumption categories; partnerships between digital and traditional retail brands to accelerate
- Residential: Strong momentum to continue in sales and new launches; divergent trends in capital value appreciation likely
- Investments: Uptick of 5-10% expected in investment activity; ESG criteria to become paramount during due diligence
- Flexible spaces: Core + flex strategies likely to gain further prominence amidst portfolio expansion and hybrid working
- Data centers (DC): Heightened movement from captive to colocation DCs likely; rise in investor interest and improved supply addition also expected
- Student accommodation / co-living: Strong revival in activity expected with the reopening of universities and workplaces
- REITs: Operational and financial performance to witness robust recovery; new REITs expected in office as well as retail and I&L sectors
- Life sciences: Positive corporate and investor sentiments to push segment to newer heights
Click 'download' to get a more detailed view of our projections for 2022.