India Market Monitor Q3 2022
November 3, 2022
Q3 2022 saw steady performance by the Indian real estate industry, owing to expansion by occupiers and release of pent-up demand, which is manifesting itself despite inflationary trends in the economy. Given below is a capsule version of how the quarter (and by extension 9M 2022) fared for the sector and the road that lies ahead:
- Office: Significant recovery in leasing in 9M 2022; momentum to sustain in the coming quarters although there could be some impact from global economic headwinds.
- I&L: Leasing activity picks up in Q3 2022; holistic policy initiatives anticipated to transform the sector in the times to come.
- Retail: Further growth in demand likely in the coming quarters; tier II, III and even IV centres to gain traction as retailers look to leverage their spending power.
- Residential: Year 2022 likely to end on a high note for the sector as it continues on its growth trajectory on account of strong homebuyer sentiments.
- RE Investments: Sustained investment activity in Q3 2022; cumulative investment volume could cross the INR 6-billion mark, but rising cost of capital is a potential risk.
To delve deeper into our India analysis, please click on the download button.