India Infographic - India Market Monitor 2021
January 20, 2022
India’s real estate industry made significant strides in 2021 despite witnessing pandemic-related restrictions in the second quarter. The year was marked by recovery and resilience across all segments of real estate, with substantial leasing activity and supply addition being witnessed. This infographic is a recap of the key trends that were visible across key real estate segments during 2021 and how the coming year could fare.
- Office: Recovery witnessed as occupier decision-making picked up; leasing momentum expected to continue in 2022 as well
- I&L: Sunshine sector continued its upward trajectory; warehouse leasing expected to remain strong going forward
- Retail: Strong comeback witnessed in Q4 2021 as retailers covered lost ground; mall-based retailers likely to expand their footprint to other spaces such as high streets, mixed-use buildings, etc.
- Residential: Sector posts strong performance in 2021; positive momentum in launches and sales to continue in 2022
- RE Investments: Uptick in capital inflows on a y-o-y basis; investment activity likely to pick up pace as investors evaluate opportunities across segments