Indian Real Estate's ESG Landscape And Its Progress To A Sustainable Future
03 Mar 2022
As climatic, societal and ethical issues move into the limelight, businesses are now increasingly finding it imperative to develop forward-looking strategies that take ESG principles into account. As a result, ESG is fast evolving from a peripheral balance sheet issue to a key component of investment decision-making. Our first publication on this buzzing segment ‘Indian Real Estate’s ESG Landscape and its Progress to a Sustainable Future’ tries to answer the following questions:
- Is ESG only a moral responsibility?
- Why should RE players adopt ESG and what benefits can they derive from it?
- Is the built-up office stock moving towards quantifiable sustainability; is there any difference at a city level?
- Is there a rental premium that green buildings can command?
- Are there any incentives that the government offers for ESG compliance?
- What should developers, investors and occupiers consider as factors while framing ESG policies?
- What will be the trends that will emerge as stakeholders align their strategies with ESG?
Click ‘download’ to read more on the above and the futuristic trends and strategies that will emerge as ESG compliance for RE gains steam.