CBRE Research recently conducted a survey of 126 senior-level global real estate executives to determine how the COVID-19 pandemic will change the location, design, and use of office space.
The survey findings—the first in a series—reveal a blend of cautious optimism and pragmatic concerns:
• There is a future for a more flexible work policy
• The physical office remains important
• Cyclical portfolio adjustments are being pursued
• Long-term strategies are under consideration amid the pandemic, with a strong emphasis on flexible strategies
• The workplace is changing - trending toward a greater balance of traditional and collaborative space to satisfy a more hybrid workforce