With synergies between technology and businesses growing, CBRE decided to take a look at six disrupting advancements that are significantly impacting real estate strategies. In our latest report on proptech, we reveal how all RE stakeholders – developers, investors, occupiers and employees – are currently being influenced / would be influenced in the future by these technologies across the life cycle of an office building:
- Software-as-a-Service / Cloud Computing: Improving pre-construction and construction efficiencies; pre-empting risks to enable better decision-making; predictive property maintenance; portfolio analysis, benchmarking and optimization, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence: Automating property management processes; improving valuations’ accuracy; augmenting ESG management; improving workspace design / management, etc.
- Internet of Things: Creating dynamic data sets; portfolio optimization; transforming workplace solutions; enhancing end-user services, etc.
- Robotic Process Automation: Chatbots as personal assistants; enabling investment / location decisions; automating property management processes; improving work environment, etc.
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality: Enabling virtual inspection of construction sites / properties; improved construction efficiencies; reduced TAT and informed decision-making; improving employee collaboration, etc.
- Blockchain: Maintaining efficient records of portfolio history; facilitating and optimizing real estate investments; creating smart contracts; developing an ecosystem of partners, etc.